Job -Data Centre Operator for a multinational client in Darmstadt/Germany
We are looking for several Data Centre Operators to work for a multinational client in Darmstadt/Germany
· Monitor and control of the Archive Ingestion and Ordering systems
· Monitor and control the online data Services
· React to service disruptions and anomalies in accordance with established procedures
· Interfacing with 1st and 2nd level support to ensure anomalies are resolved
· Attendance at Daily Operations Meetings
· Report on critical events and outages
· Second level education and at least 3 years of experience in Data Centre operations.
· Experience in working with Remote Sensing Data and their Formats is mandatory.
· Experience in using Documentation Management Systems is mandatory.
· Experience in collaboration tools JIRA and/or Confluence is mandatory.
· Experience in tape media handling is mandatory.
· Experience in the operation of computer systems, preferably in an operational or real-time environment running under both Windows and UNIX operating systems
· Proven experience in data management and analysis skills:
· Experience in processing scripts using UNIX scripting language such as Shell script, Perl or similar;
· Understanding of statistics generation and the use of analytical tools.
· Proven experience in using MS Office, including familiarity with the use of MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Outlook
· Experience in working within a team
· Experience in working in a user support role
· Very good communication and behavioural skills
· Fluency in English is mandatory.